3D pokies are quite a new genre in the online casino world. Over the course of the past few years, we have seen more and more games pop up that feature three-dimensional graphics, bringing a modern design perspective to online pokie design. You can always count on 3D pokies to deliver impressive graphics, engaging gameplay and generous bonus features. Click here to read more.
Normally, when you hear ‘3D’, you think of wearing silly glasses and having graphics jump out at you from the screen. While this the case for 3D movies, this isn’t exactly how 3D pokies work. When the term ‘3D’ is used in reference to casino games, it is more focused on the actual rendering of the graphics.
Rather than featuring flat, two-dimensional characters, these types of pokies feature symbols that are fully rendered with three-dimensional graphics. This makes for a more vibrant look, which can create a more engaging gaming experience in which you’ll feel like you’ve been immersed in a Pixar film.
Because 3D pokies are a relatively new development in the online casino world, these titles come equipped with all sorts of unique bonus features that will appeal to modern gamers. They go beyond include just a free spins round or pick-a-prize bonus; 3D pokies include some of the most innovative and exciting bonus features available in casino games today.
These are some of our favourite 3D pokie features:
- Walking Wilds: these are wild symbols that make their way across the screen either during the base game or in the free spins round. The 3D graphics make them seem as though they’re hopping across the reels for a fun added touch
- Cascading Wins: whenever a win occurs, the winning symbols disappear and new symbols land in their places. In games like Gonzo’s Quest, the 3D symbols are made to appear as though they are actually crumbling
- Mini-Game Bonuses: these are fun little bonus games that can offer up generous prizes. For example, Tipsy Tourist offers there is a Drinking Bonus in which players must guess the correct outcome of a coin flip or they have to drink; when three drinks have been down, the bonus round ends.
Best 3D Pokie Developers
There are some pokie developers that are renowned for using 3D graphics when creating games. Some of the most popular 3D pokie developers are:
- BetSoft: even though BetSoft is one of the oldest online pokie developers out there (established in 1999), the company brings a fresh perspective to the online gaming market. Most of its titles feature 3D graphics, and some of its most popular games are: Mamma Mia and Sugar Pop!. It’s quite rare to find any games in BetSoft’s catalogue that feature 2D graphics, as the company exclusively creates three-dimensional games.
- Net Entertainment: While Net Entertainment doesn’t exclusively create 3D pokies, the company does offer up its fair share of titles with these types of graphics. Games like The Invisible Man, Jack and the Beanstalk and Gonzo’s Quest use three-dimensionally rendered characters to create a fun and engaging gaming experience for players.