Today, the EGR Operator Awards has released its shortlist of the upcoming ceremony, which will take place from November 11 to November 12. The event will be held virtually, with plenty of live talks about the most pressing issues in today’s online gaming market.
Game of the Year Shortlist in Full
All of the nominees for game of the year are:
- ELK Studios – Cygnus
- Evolution Gaming - Crazy Time
- Evoplay Entertainment - Dungeon:Immortal Evil
- Gaming Realms - Slingo Rainbow Riches
- Greentube - Diamond Link™: Mighty Elephant
- Iron Dog Studio - Branded Megaways™
- Microgaming - Age of Conquest™
- Playson - Solar Temple
- Playtech - Power Zones™: Legend of Hydra™
- Pragmatic Play - The Dog House Megaways™
- Quickspin - Nero’s Fortune
- Red Tiger - Gonzo’s Quest MegaWays
- Relax Gaming - Money Train
- Yggdrasil - Lucky Neko Gigablox™
Most of the games on the list are pokies, save for Evolution Gaming’s Crazy Time. It makes sense, though, as we’re seeing the biggest strides being made in terms of slots technology. The Megaways trend has all but taken over the world of online pokies, with almost every other new game release featuring the innovative mechanic.
However, titles like Lucky Neko Gigablox and Dungeon: Immortal Evil also bring new gameplay formats to the table. The Gigablox mechanic from Yggdrasil presents colossal symbols in a new way, while Dungeon: Immortal Evil is the world’s first-ever RPG pokie.
So, in terms of innovation, there are quite a few contenders for the 2020 EGR Game of the Year. However, there is always the chance that one of the Megaways remakes might land the win, as Gonzo’s Quest Megaways and The Dog House Megaways have become huge hits in recent months.
It will be very interesting to see who wins the Game of the Year award from EGR this year. Each of the pokies and casino games on the list have just as much of a claim to the prize as everyone else, making it a very competitive year. So, congratulations to everyone who made it on the shortlist – and, good luck!