Relax Gaming pokies are widely renowned for offering top-tier gaming experiences to players of all levels, and Hellcatraz definitely delivers. This is a pokie ideally suited to anyone who has always been curious about exactly what went on inside the walls of the world’s most famous prison. Hellcatraz has a fairly classic six reel, six row set up and delivers a massive 46,656 ways to win. Players will be presented with the somewhat unusual opportunity to choose between two different modes, each of which has a slightly different variance. In addition to mystery symbols which can transform into paying icons, free spins and cascading reels, Hellcatraz also has a maximum jackpot win of x51,840 your in-play stake.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
Hellcatraz whisks players directly into a pixelated and distinctly retro version of Alcatraz. You might initially assume that charming 8-bit visuals might clash with the Alcatraz theme, but somehow it works exceptionally well.
The reels themselves are set inside a prison building, in front of the sweeping San Francisco bridge and city beyond. The animated ocean is a nice additional touch and players should look out for sharks circling the prison. The upbeat soundtrack has a distinctly retro vibe, which is supplemented with the sound of seagulls, sirens and crashing waves.
Hellcatraz RTP & Volatility
Hellcatraz from Relax Gaming is a high volatility online video pokie. Players can choose to play in one of two modes, each of which delivers a slightly different RTP. In Mixed Mode, Hellcatraz has an expected RTP (return to player) of 96.46%. In Lockdown mode, however, Hellcatraz has a slightly lower RTP of 96.30%.
How to Play Hellcatraz
1. Clicking on the three line icon in the bottom left corner of the screen will allow players to review the rules of the game, explore the bonus features on offer, and familiarise themselves with the paytable.
2. As there are two different modes available, players are also free to switch between the two. This can be done easily using the SWITCH MODE button located above the key counter on the left side of the screen.
3. From here, it’s time to set your stake. This can be easily adjusted using the ‘-’ and ‘+’ buttons on either side of the BET box.
4. All that remains to do is select a spin mode. The game’s primary circular spin button sits in the centre of the bar at the bottom of the screen but players can also opt to enter AUTO or TURBO mode if they want to keep the game moving at speed.
Bet Sizes & Paytable Wins
Hellcatraz offers a minimum bet of 0.20 and a maximum total bet of 20.00. This is a decent variation that looks set to suit a range of different playing styles. So, let’s take a quick look at some of the highest value symbols on the game’s paytable:
6 x guard = x2
5 x guard = x1.60
4 x guard = x1.00
3 x guard = x0.60
6 x prisoner = x1.20
5 x prisoner = x0.80
4 x prisoner = x0.60
3 x prisoner = x0.40
6 x shark = x1.00
5 x shark = x0.70
4 x shark = x0.50
3 x shark = x0.30
6 x guard badge = x0.80
5 x guard badge = x0.60
4 x guard badge = x0.40
3 x guard badge = x0.20
Hellcatraz Bonus Features
Taking the form of an orange W symbol, the game’s Wild has the power to substitute for all other symbols and make even more winning combinations.
- Mystery Reveal
Mystery symbols are present during every spin. Each one of these Mystery Symbols is accompanied by a counter, which will reduce following every cascade. When the counter shows a zero, a reveal will take place. During this reveal, all affected Mystery Symbols will be transformed into the same symbol.
In Lockdown Mode, all the Mystery Symbols that are revealed will have the same value. In Mixed Mode, different independent counter values can appear.
- Super Free Spins
Super Free Spins are unlocked when players have collected 2,000 keys. Mystery Symbols will be present during each free spin, which will be revealed without the need for any cascades to occur. An additional free spin will be unlocked if players reveal the Golden Mystery Symbol.
Players will either love or hate the 8-bit retro styling of this game. If you decide that this is the game for you, there should be enough here to keep the gameplay feeling fresh for some time. The choice between two different playing modes is an unusual one, but as the return potential differs so minimally between the two, most players aren’t likely to notice too much of a difference.
If you enjoyed Hellcatraz and are keen to explore other pokies that follow a similar theme and offer an equally enjoyable in-game experience, we recommend taking a look at the Flame Busters online pokie from Thunderkick. This pokie has plenty of additional features, including wilds, free spins and a unique Fire Drill bonus.
* The 'Play for Real' button that is visible on a mobile or tablet device on this page points to an Online Casino site. This site offers visitors the opportunity to play casino games for real money once they have registered. The Casino may not have this specific game available on their site. Please check the laws related to online gambling in your country/region before clicking this button.
💡 What is the RTP of Hellcatraz?
💡 How volatile is Hellcatraz?
💡 What is the biggest win available on Hellcatraz?
💡 Does Hellcatraz have a free spins bonus round?
|Themes:||Action & Adventure, Retro|
|Gameinfo features:||Free Spins Wild Symbols Substitution Symbols|