Deep in the jungle lives an ancient tribe of warriors. In Mega Masks by Relax Gaming, you’ll be given the chance to live among this civilisation, collecting masks and other objects to land winning combinations and take home large prizes.
To win in Mega Masks, all you need to do is land 3+ matching symbols along one of the 41 paylines starting on the leftmost reel. The Wild symbol is able to substitute for any of the normal symbols in the game (excluding the Scatter) to help you land longer winning combinations.
What’s more, the reels are able to merge together to create larger symbols which require fewer instances to win big as they take over more positions.
There’s an exciting free spins bonus round in this pokie, with fireflies which remove the barriers between reels to give you more instances of merged reels. We’ll look at the bonus features for Mega Masks in more detail later in this pokies review.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
As mentioned above, Mega Masks is set deep in a jungle, with great stone hands holding up the reels. The symbols are filled with coloured masks and precious gems to give you a hint at the civilisation the game is based on, and the soundtrack features some immersive warrior drums to pull you into the drama and atmosphere of the pokie.
Mega Masks RTP & Volatility
Mega Masks is a medium-high-variance pokie with an RTP of 96.21% at the base level, but it can be increased to 96.41% if you set up the Mega Bet Level 1 or 96.28% on Mega Bet Level 2.
How to Play Mega Masks
Before playing a new pokie, we always like to check out the rules and controls of the game. As with many other Relax Gaming pokies, most of the controls in this game are found to the right of the reels.
1. To start, click the three lines in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen to bring up the game details. This will include the paytable, paylines, bonus features and rules.
2. When you feel you understand how the game works, click on the poker chips icon near the top of the screen to adjust your wager.
3. Once you’re happy with your bet, click the large Spin button in the centre-right of the screen to spin the reels.
4. If you prefer to set up automatic spins, you can do this by clicking the smaller Spin button below to select the number of AutoSpins you would like and any limits.
5. To speed up the reel spins, click on the fast-forward icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
6. You can check your balance, latest win and total bet along the bottom of the screen.
Bet Sizes & Paytable
Wagers start from as little as 0.10 in Mega Masks and can go up to 100.00 per spin, making this a great game for all types of pokies players.
The best prizes are awarded when you manage to match five symbols along an active payline. You may use a Wild symbol to substitute for one or more symbols along the line, with top prizes for each symbol as follows:
Red Mask: 600
Green Mask: 400
Blue Mask: 300
Red Gems: 250
Green Gems: 200
Blue Gems: 100
The Wild symbols are not only able to substitute for others but are also the highest-paying symbols in this game, offering top prizes of 1,000 for five of a kind along a payline.
The Bonus symbol triggers the Mega Symbol Free Spins feature by landing on reels 1, 3 and 5 on a single spin. During this feature, the Mega Symbol will randomly activate, merging 2+ reels to form at least one Mega Symbol which can take over multiple positions on the reels. In addition to the Mega Symbol, during the free spins, fireflies will launch to clear artefacts on the vines that separate the reels. Once the vines have been successfully removed, the reels will merge and you’ll receive more Mega Symbols as well as being awarded an additional 2x free spins for every merger.
If the Mega Symbols and free spins aren’t enough for you, you might also be excited by the Mega Bets available in Mega Mask pokies. These are additional wagers that you can place by adjusting the settings beside the reels.
Mega Bet 1: Level 1 increases the frequency of the Mega Symbol feature and removes five artefacts from the free spins round.
Mega Bet 2: Level 2 increases the frequency of the Mega Symbols even further and removes a total of nine artefacts from the free spins!
In summary, we really enjoyed Mega Masks. We’re sometimes hesitant about pokies with varying RTPs, but we actually felt in this instance the increased frequency of Mega Symbols and simplification of the free spins round seemed an interesting touch. We found this game really immersive and particularly enjoyed the masks coming to life and chanting when involved in a winning combination. The graphics and soundtrack have been really well put together, and we think Relax Gaming have built a world we can genuinely believe in. If you enjoyed Mega Masks, you might want to check out another Relax Gaming title: the Temple Tumble pokie.
* The 'Play for Real' button that is visible on a mobile or tablet device on this page points to an Online Casino site. This site offers visitors the opportunity to play casino games for real money once they have registered. The Casino may not have this specific game available on their site. Please check the laws related to online gambling in your country/region before clicking this button.
💡 What is the RTP of Mega Masks?
💡 How volatile is Mega Masks?
💡 What is the biggest win available on Mega Masks?
💡 Does Mega Masks have a free spins bonus round?
|Pokie Name:||Mega Masks|
|Gameinfo features:||5 Reels Colossal Symbols Free Spins High volatility Scatter Symbol Wild Symbol|