Dream Zone is a pokie with a futuristic feel, which takes place across 5x5 reels. It’s made up of 5 high paying standard symbol in the form of big, angular crystals, and 5 lower paying symbols consisting of simpler shapes like hearts and stars.
Special symbols can appear on any spin that hasn’t generated a win. These include wilds, symbol upgrade, symbol explode and scatters.
Beneath its simple exterior Dream Zone hides some engaging gameplay. It uses the cascading reels feature along with cluster wins, so players can score several winning combinations on a single spin.
Three or more side by side, matching symbols form a winning combination, and these symbols are then destroyed. The symbols directly above fall into their positions, potentially forming another winning combination.
You can try this pokie for free at ELK Studios free pokies, and we always recommend getting to grips with a pokie in demo mode before risking real money in an online casino.
Design and Theme
Dream Zone has a space-aged, futuristic feel, and its look will be familiar to anyone who has played the Starburst pokie. It takes place against a slowly shifting background of geometric lines. The background alters subtly as you play, and can be quite mesmerising. This, coupled with the design of the symbols, gives the pokie a distinct sci-fi quality.
Upbeat techno music plays throughout, adding to the futuristic feel. Otherwise, this is an incredibly simple pokie, with no specific story or aim other than to form winning combinations. Animations are minimalistic, and even bonus features arrive with little fanfare.
That said, we really appreciated the scaled-back approach, and the space-age aesthetic is compelling. We would have liked a little more detail, especially in terms of animations and bonus features, but the scaled back approach allows players to focus purely on gameplay.
Dream Zone RTP & Volatility
The RTP of Dream Zone stands at 96%, and this is a medium-high volatility pokie. There’s a top win of x2,500 up for grabs, but as with all online pokies, it’s worth remembering that big wins like this are rare and require patience.
How to play Dream Zone
Here’s a quick guide to get you started with the pokie.
1. When the game loads, press the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen to open the paytable and read about the various bonus features on offer.
2. Close the menu to return to the pokie.
3. Use the cashier button at the bottom left of the screen to show your betting options. You can select your bet size in this menu.
4. Use the left and right arrows to scroll through a number of different betting strategies, each with different levels of risk/reward. Of course, you aren't under any obligation to select any of the strategies.
5. Should you wish to use autoplay, there are two ways to activate it. You can hold down the spin button, or press “auto” at the top right of the screen. Either way, autospin is available up to 100 spins.
6. Set your budget for the session, press the giant spin button, and remember to enjoy the game responsibly!
Bet & Win Sizes
Dream Zone has a minimum bet size of 0.2 and a maximum of 100. It’s easy to adjust your bet size in the cashier menu. The highest possible single cluster win with 11+ matching symbols stands at x100.
Let’s take a closer look at the maximum payouts for 11+ clusters.
Eleven red crystals - x100
Eleven orange crystals - x40
Eleven free crystals = x40
Eleven blue crystals = x20
Eleven purple crystals = x20
Eleven hearts = x6
Eleven stars = x5
Eleven plusses = x5
Eleven triangles = x4.80
Eleven tear drops = x4.80
Wins form in clusters rather than on specific paylines, and the cascade feature means that there is potential for multiple wins per round. The maximum payout for this pokie stands at an impressive x2,500, but it’s always worth remembering that big wins like this are rare, and require patience.
Dream Zone bonus features
Dream Zone hides some interesting and potentially lucrative bonus features. Let’s take a closer look at what’s on offer.
Players collect dream features every time they land a winning avalanche. The features accumulate, and then they are added to the reels on non-winning spins. There are a few on offer. Wilds add up to 5 wild symbols, while explode removes 4 symbols, potentially clearing the way for new combinations.
Symbol upgrade will upgrade any of the lower paying symbols to their higher value equivalents, and scatter selects one symbol to pay as a scatter prize.
This is a great feature which rewards wins, and has the potential to turn any losing round into a success.
If the player manages to clear all the symbols in a single round, the bonus drop triggers. You’ll be awarded 3 bonus drops with a x2 multiplier. Clear the symbols again and you’ll progress to the next round with another three drops and a x4 multiplier. You can do this repeatedly, up to a maximum multiplier of x512.
Dream Zone is a minimalistic pokie, but its many bonus features give it a lively, busy feel. Elk Studios have done a fantastic job creating a pokie where there seems to be action on every spin, and the dream features add near endless variety.
We particularly enjoyed the bonus drop feature, and the potential for an absolutely huge multiplier with the right luck. Cascading reels and cluster payouts add to feeling that there’s always something happening, and this pokie certainly never gets boring.
With its futuristic feel and upbeat techno, this scaled back pokie is a joy to play. If you’re looking for an action packed pokie, then this might just be the one for you.
* The 'Play for Real' button that is visible on a mobile or tablet device on this page points to an Online Casino site. This site offers visitors the opportunity to play casino games for real money once they have registered. The Casino may not have this specific game available on their site. Please check the laws related to online gambling in your country/region before clicking this button.
💡 What is the RTP of Dream Zone?
💡 How volatile is Dream Zone?
💡 What is the largest win possible on Dream Zone?
|Features:||Free Spins Wild Symbols Multipliers Expanding Wilds Clusters|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||0.2|