Happy Riches is a Chinese themed, high volatility pokie with lots of icons and scenes taken from Asian imagery. It has a huge winning potential of a 15,000x multiplier on your original stake. Players can use 30 paylines and 5 reels in order to land big wins. As well as a wide range of betting options, players can also enjoy plenty of bonus features including stacked wilds and free spins.
NetEnt have taken the popular Asian theme used in other games such as Golden Beauty pokie and applied it to their own game. While the visuals may not be too sophisticated they are still pleasing to look at.
The reels are set against a cloudy sky background where you may even see fireworks appear if you manage to land a win. All of the reels are set in a colourful red pagoda complete with gold lettering and a blue roof. You’ll also see all of the expected Asian theme symbols such as gems and koi fish.
RTP & Volatility
Happy Riches has quite a strong RTP of 96.32%. This is based on an average of what you might expect to receive back when you make bets in the game. Happy Riches also comes with a high volatility factor so the wins are infrequent and hard to come by. These are just guides but when we played the game we found both of these estimates to be true.
How to Play Happy Riches
There are a few controls you will need to learn in order to play Happy Riches. We’ve detailed these below so you can get to know them before you play.
1. Click the green i button to view the games information, paytable and rules.
2. You can increase and decrease your coin value using the plus and minus symbols on either side.
3. The green spin button will set the reels spinning once for your chosen bet amount.
4. Click the max bet button to the left of the spin button to set the maximum bet and coin value for your game.
5. Click the autoplay button to set the reels spinning without having to keep pressing the spin button.
Bet Sizes & Paytable Wins
The bet sizes in Happy Riches start out from 0.30 coinsper spin and go up to 75 coins. Three or more symbols that match across a payline are what is needed to land a win. Below is an overview of how many coins you can win for landing five of each of the game’s symbols.
J - 100
Q - 125
K - 150
A - 200
Oranges - 80 coins
Charm - 100 coins
Lantern - 120 coins
Koi - 140 coins
Lucky Cat - 160 coins
Happy Riches Bonus Features
You can double up the higher paying symbols in the game. Whenever the symbol is double it counts as two of the single symbols, meaning you would win 10 lots of prizes for landing five double symbols.
The wild symbol substitutes for all other symbols in the game but can’t replace the free spins and double symbols. During the free spins round you can also receive stacked wilds which massively increase your chances of winning.
The free spins symbol can appear as both a normal symbol and a double symbol. You will need to land four or more of these symbols on the reels in order to win some free spins. They can appear anywhere on the reels and during the free spins round, if you manage to land more of the free spins symbols you will get more free spins. When three or more of the symbols appear on the reels the bet will be multiplied by the corresponding bet multiplier.
• Three free spins symbols gives you a x2 bet multiplier and 0 free spins
• Four free spins symbols gives you a x2 bet multiplier and 10 free spins
• Five free spins symbols gives you a x2 bet multiplier and 15 free spins
• Six free spins symbols gives you a x2 bet multiplier and 20 free spins
• Seven free spins symbols gives you a x4 bet multiplier and 25 free spins
• Eight free spins symbols gives you a x10 bet multiplier and 30 free spins
Happy Riches is overall a good game although it is pretty much a remake of a previous NetEnt release. Bigger wins can be had in the free spins round and the highest value symbol gives you a 2,000x multiplier on your original stake. All in all the high hit rate and the double symbols may be attractive to some players but for seasoned pros you will probably find this a generic and cheap version of better Asian themed pokies.