Monkey King Introduction
Monkey King is an online pokie from Yggdrasil Gaming. It features a Win All Ways format and a wide range of different bonus features, including free spins and sticky wilds.
Monkey King is an online pokie that is based on the main character of a 16th Century novel called Journey to the West. We’ve never really seen a game with this type of theme before, so it is certainly intriguing. The overall design of the game does a good job of conveying this theme, as it is set on a mountain in an abandoned temple, and its symbols feature ancient artefacts.
Monkey King is a Win All Ways online pokie, which offers players hundreds of different ways to win with each spin. Players don’t have to worry about wagering on each payline individually or increasing their wager to increase their chances of winning. All they have to do is place one single wager to trigger all 243 potential ways to win.
Base Game Bonus Features
There are four different base game bonuses available in the free pokie version Monkey King, which offer players some fantastic winning potential. Each one is completely different and provides players with unique ways to win:
- Sticky Wilds: when you win on a sticky wild, the symbol will remain in position until the next round. If you keep winning, then the wild will remain in place.
- Countdown Wilds: this is a wild symbol that will remain in the same place for 3 spins
- Monkey King: the main character will randomly appear on the reeks and transform symbols to help create new winning combinations
- Treasure Chest: this is a random bonus that can award players up to 1000 coins or trigger the free spins round.
- Incremental Wilds: the player will receive 6 free spins during which new sticky wilds are added to the reels with each spin
- Stacked Wild: the player will receive 8 free spins during which sticky wilds are available on reels 2 and 4 while a stacked wild can appear on reel 3
- Starting Wild: the player will receive 10 free spins during which a single wild is added to the reels that will remain in place for the whole bonus round.
The game will automatically adjust as you rotate your screen, and it looks great in both landscape and portrait views. When it is in portrait mode, the buttons along the bottom are much bigger and landscape mode sees the set of reel take up the entire screen. So, there are two completely different visual experiences available.
A nice little touch to the mobile feature is the responsive design. As you move your phone, the background and the reel will shift slightly. It doesn’t really effect the gameplay but it is a great design feature that really shows off how talented the Yggdrasil Gaming team is.