Novomatic is one of the leaders in online and land-based gaming design. The company was founded in 1980, and its decades of experience provide it with valuable insight into what players want more from their online gaming experience.
Today, Novomatic operates more than 235 000 poker machines in 80 countries around the world. Recently, the company acquired Ainsworth, one of Australia’s biggest poker machine manufacturers – so, Novomatic will have even more reach in the international gaming industry.
There are over 400 games in Novomatic’s collection of online pokies. Over the course of the past three decades, the company has worked hard to develop an extensive collection of games that cater to players with different types of gambling tastes. Many of Novomatic’s poker machines have become classics in the gambling market, including:
- African Simba
- Book of Ra
- Golden 7s
- Happy Fruits
- Reel King
- Wizard of Odds
There are over a dozen progressive jackpot networks that are operated by Novomatic. Over the years, they have paid out millions of dollars in life-changing prizes to players around the world. Some of the most generous jackpots awarded by Novomatic are:
- King’s Treasure: $398 000
- Golden Sevens: $326 000
- Jacks or Better: $85 000
Novomatic is committed to encouraging players to exercise responsible gambling behaviour when they wager on slots and other casino games. As such, Novomatic has developed a comprehensive responsible gaming program that has been created with the help of addiction experts and researchers. It is based on early detection, and focuses on the following points:
- Consciousness-raising: Novomatic provides training to staff at its casinos to ensure that they are aware of the Responsible Gaming Code
- Information: new guests are provided with brochures that provide tips on responsible gambling
- Immediate help: Novomatic makes players and staff award of the helpline run by the Department for Addiction Research and Treatment at the General Hospital of Vienna
- Counselling and prevention networks: Novomatic connects with self-help groups that offer counselling to players who are at-risk
The company has also developed the Admiral Card, a personalised player card that also offers up player protection. It is only valid with photo ID, and is activated with a unique PIN code. This prevents gambling by unauthorised or anonymous parties, as well as stops minors from gambling.
It helps to identify players who are at risk, and casino staff are prompted to offer up assistance.