Like many land-based poker machine developers, WMS got its start in the creating of pinball games and other mechanical gaming devices. The history of WMS dates back to 1943 when Harry Williams created the ‘tilt’ mechanism for pinball machines.
It wasn’t until the 1990s that WMS started working in the casino gambling industry, creating its first slot machine. Since then, the company has maintained impressive momentum in the casino market, expanding into online gambling, social gaming and mobile games.
Having developed hundreds of games, WMS is behind some of the most popular poker machines to ever exist. The company is renowned for its huge selection of branded games, having launched titles based on Willy Wonka, Monopoly, The Flintstones, Cheers, The Price is Right, The Wizard of Oz, Yahtzee, Battleship and Mad Men.
There is no limit to the impressive potential of WMS branded pokies, and you will most certainly find a game in its library that aligns with your pop culture preferences.
WMS has always been recognised as a leader in casino games development. As such, the company has won plenty of awards over the years to honour its dedication to gaming innovation. Some of WMS’s most recent distinctions include:
- 2014 Manufacturing Leadership Summit – High Achiever Award
- 2013 International Gaming Awards – Nominations for Slot Operator of the Year Online and Slot Manufacturer Provider Online
- 2008 Top 20 Most Innovative Gaming Technology Products Awards
WMS is known as a technological leader in the poker machine market. Over the years, the company has contributed many valuable innovations that have helped to change the face of video slots development, including:
- Community Gaming – titles that are linked, allowing players to work together to achieve bonus features and share prizes
- Adaptive Gaming – immersive pokies that are adjusted to suit the individual preferences of players
- Transmissive Reels – a video slots overlay on top of mechanical reel to create a multilayer experience
WMS hosts are large progressive jackpot network that expands across both online and land-based platforms. Local area progressives are linked within casinos and across small game banks, allowing players to cash in on relatively generous jackpots.
Games in this network include: The Godfather, Castle King, Great Wall, Happy Days and Life of Luxury. Wide area progressive jackpots from WMS are linked across different casinos, which provide players with the chance to win jackpots worth millions of dollars. These games include: Lord of the Rings, Clue, Battleship, Wizard of Oz and Time Machine.